Announcing our new tool to help members take control of health care costsNovember 1, 2014
Health Alliance is always finding new ways to help our members be their best—and save money in the process. Our new Treatment Cost Calculator is a powerful, personalized online tool that helps members choose the right treatments, facilities, doctors and costs for their needs.
With the cost calculator, members can easily:
- Search for a medical treatment, service or condition
- See a helpful estimate of costs (based on their plan’s coverage)
- Find doctors, hospitals and clinics in their area
- Compare local providers by cost and location, both in- and out-of-network
How the Treatment Cost Calculator Works
The Treatment Cost Calculator currently provides estimates for eight chronic conditions and more than 330 common procedures. The estimates provided are based on regional claims experience history. The calculator follows a two-step approach to providing accurate, real-time estimates.
- The calculator uses actual claims history data to model individual provider information and return cost estimates for each service. The statistical models used in the estimator predict the likely allowed amount, as well as a range of costs, for estimated services.
- For each provider, the tool applies member information and accumulated benefits information (as displayed on the “My Benefits” page) to the estimated service cost in order to calculate the member’s liability.
If you have questions about the Treatment Cost Calculator, please contact your provider relations specialist. Try it now on YourHealthAlliance.org.