Wayne County joins Reid Health Medicare Advantage plan networkNovember 13, 2017
Wayne County residents with Medicare can now consider the Reid Health Alliance Medicare Advantage plan during open enrollment this Fall.
“At Reid Health, part of our ‘right beside you’ promise means choosing a Medicare Advantage partner carefully and with our patients top of mind,” said Craig Kinyon, president/CEO of Reid Health. “Partnering with Midwest-based Health Alliance helps us meet that promise,” he said when the plan was announced last year.
“We know our patients will receive high-quality coverage and excellent customer service.”
Most people with Medicare living in Wayne, Fayette, Randolph, Henry, Franklin and Union counties in Indiana and Preble and Darke counties in Ohio have until December 7 to choose their 2018 Medicare Advantage coverage.
“We are proud to offer Medicare Advantage in this region to give seniors an alternative,” said James C. Leonard, M.D., president and CEO of Health Alliance and Carle health system. “Health Alliance partners with providers like Reid Health who are equally committed to quality of care and understand collaboration among providers, patients and the health plan can achieve the best health outcomes for each member. “Together, we will bring a new level of excellence in coverage, care coordination and collaboration for Medicare beneficiaries in the region.”
Medicare Advantage plans, also called Part C plans, take the place of Original Medicare. They combine Part A (hospital), Part B (doctor’s office) and Part D (prescription) into one easy package.
Reid Health Alliance Medicare Advantage plans also feature additional services:
- Dental and hearing coverage
- Travel assistance
- Flexible fitness program
- Health and wellness incentive program
Those selecting health coverage can find help the following ways:
- At the Reid Health Alliance Medicare office, 600 E. Main St., Richmond
- Short videos that feature “Joan” – who could just be your neighbor, your friend or your sister
- The helpful series under Press Releases from a Medicare-member advocate for more than 20 years
The Medicare Annual Election Period, when most seniors must choose their health plan for the following year, is October 15 through December 7. For information about plans, providers and more, visit HealthAllianceMedicare.org.
For more information on the plan, call 1-877-749-3002 or join a licensed sales agent at any of the following meetings.
- Holiday Inn, Richmond, 4:30 p.m. Nov. 11
- Miller Center, Connersville, 10a.m. Dec. 4
- Union County Public Library, Liberty, 2:30 p.m. Nov. 20 & 10 a.m. Dec. 2
- Southeastern Insurance Agency, Brookville, 10 a.m. Dec. 2, & 6 p.m. Dec. 4
- Golay Community Center, Cambridge City, 1:30 p.m. Nov. 15, Dec. 4